Having an unbalanced vaginal pH is one of the reasons why infections can be triggered. These cause itching, burning, unpleasant odors and inflammation. To avoid all this, today we will discover 4 home remedies to balance the vaginal pH that will help us prevent infections. Some of the causes that can unbalance vaginal pH are douching, the use of deodorants, hormonal problems derived from menopause or other reasons that have nothing to do with sexually transmitted diseases. In all these cases, the home remedies mentioned below will be of great help.
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy that not only serves to balance the vaginal pH. Its acid composition is very effective in dealing with bacteria and viruses, avoiding its uncontrolled proliferation.
So that it begins to take effect, It is recommended to use apple cider vinegar at least twice a week during the first month. After this time we can reduce this frequency. The best way to use this natural remedy for the vagina is as follows:
- We put a container with water to boil.
- When it is at the boiling point add 2 or 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Let boil about 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- We put the container or boiling water in the bidet.
- We sit on it for about 5 minutes without the water touching our skin.
2. Tea tree oil to balance the vaginal pH
Tea tree oil is also one of the home remedies to balance the vaginal pH that has many other uses. The properties that make it essential is that it is antifungal and antibacterial. The way to use it to balance the pH of our vagina is something different from the previous remedy.
- We take a tampon or a menstrual sponge.
- We put in a container some water and some drops of tea tree oil.
- We submerge the tampon or sponge in this mixture and introduce it into the vagina.
- We must leave the tampon throughout the night.
This remedy should be carried out, at most, twice a month. If the idea of the tampon does not please us, we have another option. Dilute the drops of tea tree oil in warm water and wash once a day with that mixture, at least, for a week. Afterwards, we can space its use.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is very beneficial. Usually used for aesthetic purposes, to restore shine to the hair or moisturize dry skin. However, also can help us regain good vaginal health in case our pH is not balanced. To obtain your benefits we must follow the following steps:
- As in the previous case, we will take a tampon or a menstrual sponge.
- We will soak it in pure coconut oil, so we will do without water.
- We will introduce the tampon or sponge into the vagina.
- After 2 hours we can remove it.
As we see, this remedy does not require a whole night to take effect. Thanks to coconut oil, fungi and bacteria will stay well away from our vagina. We can use it daily or, at least, 3 times a week.
Garlic is the last of the home remedies to balance the vaginal pH that is not suitable for everyone. The reason is that can irritate the vagina because of how strong it is. In these cases, instead of applying it, we can ingest it by adding it to our meals whenever we can. Otherwise, the procedure would be as follows:
- We take a clove of garlic, we clean it and we introduce it into the vagina.
- If this does not convince us, we can crush it and apply the paste.
- We let it act all night.
If you suffer vaginal infections frequently or have problems with fungi quite often we encourage you to try these home remedies to balance the vaginal pH. But, we stress that the last, with garlic, is very irritating. If your vagina is irritated or inflamed for any reason, it is best to just try the above options.
Have you used some of the home remedies to balance the vaginal pH? Do you know any other technique that can balance it and be effective?
How to regulate pH naturally and avoid diseases?
The overall balance of your pH is extremely important. It determines whether your body is in a healthy state of alkalinity or excessively acidic and possibly in danger. Experts say that disease cannot exist in an alkaline state. Hence the importance of looking for ways to lower the acidity in your pH as a priority.
The pH is present in the body in bodily fluids: saliva, urine, blood. Keeping it balanced is essential for the proper functioning of the organs. And the way the human body naturally regulates acidity or alkalinity levels is through three ways: breathing, kidneys and food.
How to regulate pH naturally with food
The pH imbalance in the body is due, among other factors, to poor nutrition. Derived, to a large extent, from the accelerated pace of life and the few menu options available, which lead us to excessive consumption of meats, cereals and refined sugar, and chemical products, foods that raise the degree of acidity in the organs.
Here are some tips you can do to correct this imbalance and regulate pH:
- Drink a fresh green juice every day or one of these juices to improve your health.
- Consume the juice of half a lemon squeezed in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning.
- Prefer a diet rich in nutritious and alkaline vegetables and fruits.
Avoid processed and fried foods as much as possible, as they are extremely acidic.
- Avoid refined sugar, its muscovado version is better.
- Drink quality water (purified or fresh spring water), as tap water usually contains fluoride, which is very toxic to the body. (Learn about these 5 myths about water that can affect your health).
- Use natural household cleaning products such as diluted apple cider vinegar.
- Use natural products for your personal hygiene (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotions, etc.). This is especially useful for balancing the pH in women and avoiding vaginal infections.
- Consume plant-based foods and include organic products in your diet.
- Mix 1⁄2 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink daily. This may be the most effective and easiest way to regulate pH and bring it to alkalinity.
Remember that in the face of high acidification, in order to balance itself, the body takes alkaline minerals from the reserves contained in the blood, muscles, bones and cartilage. This deficiency can weaken the immune system, favor the development of degenerative diseases, including cancer, and cause premature aging.