How to make some hash browns in the air fryer, with little oil and healthy. Potato hash browns have their origin in the United States. It is one of the simplest recipes in the world of cuisine. Its preparation is achieved with pieces of potato that are then fried and subsequently “crushed” to remove the moisture left as a result of the oil. They are usually consumed at breakfast and their texture is very crunchy. They can also be found as accompaniments to traditional burgers.
Over time its recipe has been modified, adding toppings such as bacon or onion to give them more flavor and consistency.
History How to prepare “hash browns” in an air fryer
Originally, the full name of the dish was “papas tostadas” (or “papas tostadas y tostadas”), of which the first known mention is made by American author Maria Parloa (1843-1909) in her 1887 Kitchen Companion, where she describes the dish of “chopped and golden potatoes” as a fried mixture of cold boiled potatoes that is folded “like an omelette” before serving.
The term “hash brown” was first coined as a single unit of mass-produced hash browns for consumption by the Soviet Union during the Cold War as a “ready-to-eat meal.” Traditional potato chips are based only on potatoes, but in the southern United States, corn, chili, and garlic are sometimes eaten with guacamole and salsa.
Then, hash browns were marketed in the early 1980s by well-known fast-food corporations such as McDonald’s and Burger King. Hash browns were traditionally served exclusively as breakfast in fast food restaurants, however, in recent times some chains have begun to offer them throughout the day. The name was gradually shortened to ‘potato hash brown’.
Hash browns are delicious and can be prepared in a short time in the air fryer. This appliance is very useful to reduce the amount of oil used in recipes, also achieving a crunchy final touch that will please almost everyone. In fact, it is a good tool to make healthy food.
Before starting, it is important to note that a good diet must be varied and balanced. It is key to avoid a deficit of essential nutrients that can condition the functioning of human physiology. Otherwise, chronic and complex pathologies could be experienced over time. The best, in these cases, is prevention.
Ingredients for hash browns in air fryer
If you want to prepare some exquisite hash browns in an air fryer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of raw potato.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Extra virgin olive oil spray.
Step by step prepare “hash browns” in an air fryer
The elaboration process is very simple, so much so that you will be surprised. You will see that with little work you will get an incredible result that will please both children and adults. Are you ready?
- Wash the potatoes very well with the skin to remove all impurities and traces of sand that may remain.
- Then, grate the potatoes and put them in a bowl.
- Add the egg, salt, pepper and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients very well until you get a dough with a homogeneous texture.
- Spray with spray oil the molds in which you are going to place the dough.
- Distribute the dough in the molds.
- Place the molds in the air fryer at a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Of course, half-baked, turn them over.
Do not forget that the cooking time can vary quite a bit from one air fryer to another. The power may differ between them, so you should be vigilant the first time to prevent the hash browns from burning. As soon as you take the point, you will get a slightly crispy and golden final result on the outside. Exquisite!
Benefits of hash browns
The inclusion of hash browns in the context of a varied and balanced diet can lead to a number of health benefits. It is a dish that concentrates carbohydrates of low glycemic index. These nutrients represent the ideal energy substrate for carrying out high-intensity activities. In addition, they will stimulate recovery processes, according to a study published in Nutrients.
benefits of The Potato that you did not know.
The Potato has accompanied the dishes of Panamanians and Americans for a long time, it is a versatile food and has a great contribution of carbohydrates. This vegetable has multiple ways to star in a dish or serve as an accompaniment.
Here are 10 benefits of The Potato that you may not have known about:
- It is a 100% natural energy source.
- The potato contains vitamin C, B6, B3 and B9.
- It has high levels of antioxidants and essential nutrients.
- The potato is anti-inflammatory so it is an excellent choice if you suffer from arthritis and rheumatism.
- The folic acid and iron in this food helps treat anemia; They also stimulate and produce red blood cells in the body.
- If you boil it, the potato can help you treat constipation by moisturizing your stool. Therefore, it prevents hemorrhoids from forming.
- Potato juice helps relieve rashes, burns and irritations caused on the skin by external factors because it has anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The potato helps treat any condition related to the cardiovascular system and hypertension by improving the circulation of your body. This is because it has a high content of chlorogenic acid and acts as a natural diuretic.
- Potato juice will help you heal eczema, dry skin and spots on the skin. Since, it helps you keep it hydrated and deflated, which results in avoiding some aging traits thanks to vitamin C; this combination helps to produce and generate collagen and elastin, which causes the renewal of cells quickly.
- In case you don’t know, it is also an excellent natural exfoliant,
Prepare “hash browns” at home in an air fryer
As you have seen, homemade preparation of hash browns in an air fryer is really simple. With few ingredients you will get a fantastic result that can be used to snack between meals or to consume as an aperitif. They are prepared from natural ingredients, so they can be considered as healthy. Of course, they will have to be introduced correctly in the guideline.
Remember that when it comes to providing carbohydrates it is important to make sure that these are mostly complex. These nutrients manage to guarantee the feeling of energy without affecting too much to the glycemias, so they will not cause negative alterations in the medium term on the functioning of the metabolism. Tubers, such as potatoes, are a good source of them.