The shower is one of the spaces in the home that usually get dirty easily, since it does not have the same ventilation as other rooms and is in constant contact with humidity. Also, if the area is hard water, there may be traces of white or brown tartar that make the surface look dirty and unsightly. How to eliminate it?
Tricks to remove tartar and lime stains from the shower
Many conventional cleaners allow to clean the shower to avoid the proliferation of germs. But nevertheless, sometimes they are not enough to remove those hard deposits of lime and minerals that are forming spots on the tiles and screens.
Fortunately, there are some solutions of natural origin that simplify this task to avoid having to resort to other chemicals that can be aggressive. Are you interested in trying them? We share them in detail in the following space.
White vinegar and baking soda
The combination of white vinegar and baking soda is one of the best alternatives to remove the lime stains that form in the shower. Both ingredients release calcium residues and, incidentally, inhibit the growth of mold and bacteria.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 cup baking soda (200 g)
- To begin, mix the two ingredients in a deep bowl.
- When the effervescent effect passes, rub the paste on the tiles of the shower with the help of a sponge or cloth.
- Let it act for 30 minutes, rub again with the sponge and rinse.
- Repeat this procedure at least every 2 weeks.
Baking soda and lemon juice for lime stains in the shower
If you prefer to use lemon juice instead of white vinegar, try this trick. Its advantage is that the lemon juice helps polish the shower faucet, leaving it looking cleaner. Likewise, removes scale marks and acts as a disinfectant.
- 1 cup baking soda (200 g)
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- First, pour the baking soda into a deep bowl.
- Then, mix it with the juice of the lemons until you get a paste. You will notice that a bubbling is formed, but it will pass soon.
- After obtaining the paste, rub it on the surface and faucets of the shower, helping with a sponge.
- Leave the product to act 20 or 30 minutes and clarify.
- Try to repeat the procedure every 2 or 3 weeks to keep the shower lime-free.
Apple and lemon vinegar
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (40 g)
- 2 cups of hot water (500 ml)
- First, pour the cup of apple cider vinegar into a bucket or deep container.
- Then, add the cups of hot water, lemon juice and baking soda. The latter add it little by little to minimize the effervescent effect.
- Once you obtain a homogeneous mixture, spray it on the tiles and faucets of the shower.
- Rub it with a sponge or brush and let it act for 20 minutes.
- To finish, rinse with warm water.
Final recommendations …
If you want to simplify the cleaning of the shower and bath, make sure you always have all the necessary tools at hand: brushes, sponges, cloths, white vinegar and any other help element. Keep in mind that this space has an environment conducive to the growth of microorganisms due to its contact with moisture.
For the above, You must disinfect it regularly using appropriate products. It is not necessary to wait for dirt and tartar to be noticeable on the tiles and screens. So, be sure to do a deep cleaning at least every 2 weeks.
Have you tried these natural products to remove tartar and lime stains from the shower? Choose the option that most catches your attention and end this problem in simple steps.