Banfield Talent Management System Login

By | June 13, 2017

The Student Job Program is designed for veterinary students who want to experience real-world learning in a clinical setting. For 80 percent of the time, you’ll work with an experienced veterinary team in one of Banfield’s hospitals to gain confidence in your technical abilities and develop interpersonal communication skills. The remaining 20 percent of your time is dedicated to pursuing personalized learning objectives alongside your mentor doctor who will help you determine learning objectives based on your individual educational goals.

What to Expect

Under the supervision of your mentor doctor and in accordance with the state’s practice act, you will work as a veterinary assistant in a supportive team environment. You’ll learn how to perform a physical exam, provide proper veterinary care, use diagnostic tools and interpret diagnostic materials effectively, learn surgical preparation and monitoring, and grow your professional interpersonal skills through communication training.

Talent management system banfield banfield.com/login , login.banfield.net/my.policy , banfielddirect.com/  tms login banfield

BANFIELD CAREERS: TALENT SCOUT REFERRALS
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team. Are you currently employed by Banfield and know someone who would be a great fit for an open Banfield job? Please refer them.

Here’s How It Works
Banfield associates are eligible for referral bonuses. Simply fill out and submit the online referral form below. Once your referral has completed their first 60 days at Banfield, you’ll receive your bonus*!

Eligibility for  banfield talent management system

To participate in the Student Job Program, you must be a first- through third-year veterinary student enrolled in an accredited doctor of veterinary medicine program; authorized to work in the United States; available for a 6- to 10-week period during your summer break and committed to a flexible schedule of 32 to 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends. Preference is given to students studying Companion Animal Medicine.

The application window for our 2017 Student Job Program (SJP) has closed. We will share the list of host hospitals and begin accepting applications for the 2018 SJP in mid-December.

Veterinary Externship Program

Making the transition from veterinary student to working in a professional practice is a big step. Through Banfield’s DVM Externship Program, we’re here to support you as you move forward in your career. As a student in your clinical rotations, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside a team of Banfield professionals and participate in all aspects of patient care. You will be assigned a mentor doctor and work on pre-determined learning objectives. You’ll also get an invaluable, realistic look at life as a veterinary professional with client interaction and firsthand experience in a hospital setting.

The Experience

Participants in the Externship Program experience the typical caseload of a small animal practice. Under the supervision of your mentor doctor and in accordance with the state’s practice act, you will gather histories, perform complete physical exams, develop diagnostic and therapeutic plans, scrub in to surgery, assist in the management of medical cases, provide wellness care, develop client communication skills, polish your clinical/technical skills and learn Banfield’s approach to business.

Program Guidelines

Externships are flexible—they can range from two to eight weeks during the year, but are typically two or three weeks in length. Your schedule will include days, evenings and weekends. You must be enrolled in an accredited doctor of veterinary medicine program and authorized to work in the United States.

Banfield offers a competitive hourly wage to participants (except where prohibited by school regulation). Program placement requires participation in an application, selection and onboarding process. Your primary mentor doctor will conduct your evaluation at the conclusion of the program.

Student Ambassador Program

Banfield’s Student Ambassador Program employs veterinary students enrolled in American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited colleges of veterinary medicine to connect their fellow classmates with experiential learning opportunities in Banfield hospitals and act as liaisons between Banfield and their campus.

Major job duties:

  • Act as liaison between Banfield and your classmates, professors and deans
  • Partner with your Medical Director liaison to plan campus outreach activities
  • Execute campus outreach events (schedule rooms, advertise event, manage catering, etc.)
  • Make information about Banfield available to your classmates
  • Provide referrals of classmates interested in future careers with Banfield